The Impact of Your Giving
For over 40 years, the Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital Foundation has
been a bridge between the community’s vision for a healthier Salinas
Valley and a partnership with Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
to make it a reality.
Our generous donors provide the extras that our doctors and staff need
to advance state-of-the-art healthcare and deliver what’s truly
needed to create a healthier future for all:
- Funding resources at the Susan Bacon Cancer Resource Center at no cost
for those fighting cancer, regardless of where they receive their treatment;
- A new Outpatient Infusion Center that provides state-of-the-art treatment
in a healing environment;
New GeniusTM 3D MammographyTM technology at the Nancy Ausonio Mammography Center, which detects 20-65
percent more invasive cancers than 2D and reduces callbacks by 40 percent;
- Funding for the Madison Clinic for Pediatric Diabetes operated in Salinas
in conjunction with UCSF to provide the only pediatric diabetes center
in Monterey County, reducing the need for children to travel to the Bay
Area for care;
- An expansion of the Palliative Care program to include more education and
resources for the Palliative Care team to better serve their patients;
- Innovative heart procedures that previously were never available here,
such as the Watchman procedure, which reduces the need to take blood thinners
and changes the lives of many patients; and,
- Funds raised through the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Program
purchased a vehicle to transport pediatric patients and their caregivers
to and from the Bay Area for specialty care services.
Our donors are part of a caring community who help Salinas Valley Memorial
Healthcare System make the healthiest impact on the lives of everyone
in the Salinas Valley.
Learn how you can join us to care for your community
Read our latest newsletter!